Hello and welcome back,
Just want to apologize for how long it has been since my last post. This week I have managed to finally put those finishing touches on my alter.
So here is a picture of what mine looks like atm.
The grey paint is a paint I got from the hardware store that has flakes in it, so it gives a stone like appearance to things. I used the same paint for my soul accumulators to get a cohesive look when they are all on the battlefield together.
The colours I used are: a maroon, a mid tone red, and off white. I also made use of a red glaze paint just to tie everything together at the end.
This is a picture of the three colours above mixed throughout the process of painting the eye. Working from right to left (I’m odd like that), you can see I started with the maroon, gradually added more red and then added a small amount of white into the mix. All together I did five coats.
When I painted this onto the eye I made sure that the dark parts are on the outside of the eye and worked inwards, applying the lighter colours. Be careful not to add too much white to the red or you will get a real pinky pink.
I then applied a quick red glaze to help blend the colours together and to reduce the pink tone to a more red tone.
And its done.
Now having done a few of these articles I think it is time to put our terrain to the test and battle over it!
Next week I will put together and paint a company in a day (insane I know) and take you through the process to prove it can be done.
Then for the next installments after that I will be doing a few battle reports of my new force vs Matt’s companies of Saracens and Immortals!
Stay safe and hobby hard