Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

89732 Posts in 6226 Topics- by 8904 Members - Latest Member: Larksing1

October 31, 2014, 05:50:00 PM
The Official Anima ForumsAnima - Role Playing GameFan-madeCharacter Guidebook (Volume I - Travelers // OUT NOW!)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Character Guidebook (Volume I - Travelers // OUT NOW!)  (Read 9511 times)
Cathar the Great

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2011, 06:53:08 AM »

Welcome, fellow Anima-Fans!

For the last few months, a couple of us have been busy bees working up a collection of sample starting characters. You can follow the topic here, if you're interested:
http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/index.php?topic=4684.180

As you can see, this started out as a little idea of mine to have a nice collection of awesome characters to show the innumerous possibilities Anima gives us to create our alter egos.

And this is what came out the other end: 22.888 words on 81 pages, this fan-made guidebook has a lot to offer:
  • A collection of starting characters for every class
  • A Character Creation Walkthrough
  • An addendum with additional material like new rules, summons and Ki Techniques

Whether you are a fresh-faced Game Master or an experienced Lord of the Game, a new player or a seasoned Munchkin, this collection will have something for you. (You can see that I am not a salesperson)

You can find the collection using the following link (Save As... or view online):
http://tortureentertainment.blogsport.de/images/AnimaCharacterGuidebook.pdf
Details:
Name: AnimaCharacterGuidebook.pdf
Size:19476.04 KB
Type:application/pdf

Be patient, it might take a while to load...

Don't bother reading my babble, go download and take a look. If the link doesn't work, drop me a Personal Message and I'll try to get it your way as fast as possible.

So this is what we did for you, now what can you do for us? Well, don't just be that guy (or gal) that just comes here and downloads without saying something. Drop us a comment, whether you liked it or not, what you would change, what horrid mistakes we missed.
And if you like what you see, and think that this is something you would like to participate in, go and check out the brainstorm thread for Volume II:
http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB/index.php?topic=4966.0

Last but not least, I want to use this post to shout out another HUUUUUUGE THANKS to everyone who helped out, either by creating characters or giving feedback in the thread. It's totally awesome that all of you spent their free-time helping me create this Guidebook. It turned out many kinds of great, and that's because of you and the work you put. And if I forgot you in the credits, give me a kick and I'll add you in, again.

So let's hear it,

Cheers,
Peter

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

The Anima: Beyond Fantasy - Character Guidebook
Finished: Volume I - Travelers
The Guidebook Challenge
planeswalker
Administrator

Change we can believe in, for a change.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »

Downloaded it! I'm off to read it!

EDIT: It came out really nicely! Oh, and you completely got the idea of my Ki Tree, judging by the descriptions. I honestly ROFL'd with the last bit in Army of One Grin
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:18:13 PM by planeswalker » Logged

If it's difficult, it's attempted. If it's impossible, then it's done

For a coward there is no life, for a hero there is no death.

Raybras

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:17:42 PM »

awesome work you did there. you already know what i think about it from my pm to you Wink oh and since it wasn't in the rough copy you sent me prior this one, i think i should tell you that the tech "M÷retsuna kasoku" on page 69 has a mistake. Con-5  should be Con-2 =) otherwise, its spotless as far as i see =3 good work to all those who helped out on this too *pats self on back* hope to see you all on volume 2

*edit* also just noticed on page 24, there's still an annotation of DP in the modules part.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:45:08 PM by Raybras » Logged

planeswalker
Administrator

Change we can believe in, for a change.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:17:58 AM »

OK, Cathar, so I was going through it again, and there's a couple things that bother me. There's some badly erdacted points from the quickly typed text I sent you. I'll take the time to point them out to you privately.

On the other hand, the section about character development looks like an afterthought. Though I'm flattered that you chose my character for it, it falls thin. How about I make a full feature for inclusion in a future revision? If we don't go a little into detail, that section makes little sense, after all.

If it's difficult, it's attempted. If it's impossible, then it's done

For a coward there is no life, for a hero there is no death.

Cathar the Great

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 02:27:10 AM »

OK, Cathar, so I was going through it again, and there's a couple things that bother me. There's some badly erdacted points from the quickly typed text I sent you. I'll take the time to point them out to you privately.

Sure, just drop me a PM, whatever bothers you was probably not intentional  Wink

On the other hand, the section about character development looks like an afterthought. Though I'm flattered that you chose my character for it, it falls thin. How about I make a full feature for inclusion in a future revision? If we don't go a little into detail, that section makes little sense, after all.

Well, it is an afterthought. I didn't want to remove what you wrote up for your character, but I couldn't fit it into that character's two pages because I would have had to remove something else.
However, I couldn't just leave it all alone in the addendum, so I added a few thoughts of my own. It was intentional to keep it there in the Addendum (unlike the Character Creation Walthrough, that is its own section) and while it might not make much sense, it can't hurt to have something like this in the book for now.

Making it a full feature for Volume II sounds like a great idea, though.

The Guidebook Challenge
Cathar the Great

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:29:56 AM »

Sooooooo, the book has been downloaded a couple of times now, anyone else got any opinions or found something that should be changed?

The Guidebook Challenge
spacemonkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »

Looks great, Cathar. I'm glad you were able to get all the higher res pictures loaded.  Smiley

Couple minor quibbles: On page 5, the brown/maroon background the lower box makes the text (especially the link) hard to read; on page 8, you mention Table 4 is found on page 15 in the core book when I believe its actually on page 14; on page 20 the image isn't centered- wasn't sure if that was intentional.

All in all, a great collaboration by everyone and a quality production.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:09:03 PM by spacemonkey » Logged

wizuriel

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 09:43:30 PM »

Hey. Just wanted to say thanks. This book is very helpful.
Soberus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »

This is awesome. Thank you.

A street lamp is emitting a grimy light here and the corpse of a cockroach is on the ground.
Pneumonica

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 11:46:40 PM »

I tried to download this and it said the file was damaged.  I don't know if this is a problem on my end or on the file's end.

Nothing exists but you.  And you are but a thought - a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!
-The Mysterious Stranger, Mark Twain
The Ataraxia Foundry
Cathar the Great

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 12:39:13 AM »

@spacemonkey: Thanks for noticing, I'll change that in the next update.

@wizuriel&soberus: Thanks, I'm glad you like it

I tried to download this and it said the file was damaged.  I don't know if this is a problem on my end or on the file's end.

It works for me when I right-click and save it on my pc but it doesn't work when I simply click on it. Maybe try that or with a different browser? If it doesn' work, drop me a message with your E-Mail and I'll just mail it to you  Wink

By the way, if anyone wants to participate in Volume II and onwards, check the thread in this forum!

Cheers,
Peter

The Guidebook Challenge
raene82

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:11 AM »

I just read through this guide and I have to say I love it. I can't wait to show it to my players as I think they will find it quite useful.
BlacPhoenix

German Anima GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »

I got a question about Shayla Rainehart:

Just from reading her Backgroundstory... am i right to assume that the creator took that from Kore wa zombie desuka > Yuu Character desription?

Because it matches like almost perfectly xD

just curios
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:36:24 PM by BlacPhoenix » Logged
Raybras

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 04:50:31 PM »

yup, thats right. i based her off of that character =3

Cathar the Great

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 05:00:58 AM »

A heads-up: I'm fixing some of the stuff on which I got input I got here and in other places.

If you have any more feeback or errors to report, do it until the end of this week, please!

Cheers,
Peter

The Guidebook Challenge
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx