Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

89460 Posts in 6211 Topics- by 8893 Members - Latest Member: HaseoYamazaki

October 02, 2014, 09:28:40 AM
The Official Anima ForumsAnima - Role Playing GameModules and AdventuresLooking for players and GM for online game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Looking for players and GM for online game  (Read 4257 times)
VoidKnight

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 12:01:26 AM »

When I have time I must examine that site more Shocked

Sharpandpointies

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 04:10:02 AM »

Yeah, it's not just a forum.  The people behind it have done enormous amounts of work tailoring it to PbP.

It's really worth looking at.  Unless one is absolutely, 100% committed to putting one's game on one's own website...

...well, then there's the fact that on Rpol one could make their entire game completely private to other people on the site.  Except the mods, of course.

I've tried PBweb, Storycrafter, and a couple of other sites, but technically speaking I find Rpol to be the best of them.  My opinion, of course!

Currently I'm in an Anima game on Rpol (among others) and it's going just fine, despite the usual PbP issues of timing and some players dropping out (common to all PbP, sadly).

Also the problem is that every time someone pulls such a combo he gets killed by some kind of Lazarus or such.
- Lizbeth

...I would be strongly inclined to thwap them with a rolled up newspaper.
- vytzka
Cathar the Great

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 04:20:57 AM »

Do so and let me know if you think it would be worth migrating our game there after Chapter Zero.

Sharpandpointies, could you link me to the Anima game you are playing? Unless it's private of course. I'd just like to see a running example of an Anima game in that posting environment ^^

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

The Anima: Beyond Fantasy - Character Guidebook
Finished: Volume I - Travelers
The Guidebook Challenge
FearlessElbow

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 05:24:51 AM »

I'm in the same game as Sharpandpointies (under a different name, but he'll doubtless by now know who I am anyway)..

I think it is private, but if I remember rightly there's an option for the GM to allow lurkers (ie can't participate but can watch what's happening).  It would be up to our GM to allow that.  We'll need to ask them.
Sharpandpointies

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »

Most of it is private - hey, Fearless Elbow, I didn't realize who you were until now - but Chapter Zero is open to the public.

*checks*

As is everything after the two groups started combining (Chapter One: Crossed Flames).  The two earlier parts of Chapter One are private at the moment.  

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=46194&date=1337615984

Here.

As FE says, you can apply to the game to be a lurker, and you'll get access to seeing the hidden chapters.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:14:33 AM by Sharpandpointies » Logged

Also the problem is that every time someone pulls such a combo he gets killed by some kind of Lazarus or such.
- Lizbeth

- vytzka
VoidKnight

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »

Do so and let me know if you think it would be worth migrating our game there after Chapter Zero.

Will do, boss.

kplate

Do you love Anima? I love Anima.

narutoneverending@hotmail.com kplate27
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:46 PM »

Its not the site its the system, its not my cup of tea. I hate wrighting and/or typing, have poor spelling, and alot of other things. So its the PbP I eeewwww not this site that looks quite good for this type of playing. Anyway is there a game starting I can jump in, or players still seeking a GM?
Pilz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 10:36:28 PM »

Anyone have room for a sad old anima addict whose weekly game just isnt enough?

Sharpandpointies

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 02:23:27 AM »

Anyone have room for a sad old anima addict whose weekly game just isnt enough?

Wish we did, Pilz.  Welcome to the forum!  :)

- Lizbeth

- vytzka
Pilz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 09:02:52 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome
shogunboy

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 10:19:49 AM »

Does anyone know what keywords I should use in order to search anima beyond fantasy games in rpol? Its difficult to search for it.
FearlessElbow

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »

I can't remember how I found it to be honest, but I remember it not being easy, and I actually KNEW what game I was looking for.

I think in the end I searched for the GMs name, but that doesn't help here.  Sorry!
Roy Killington

Finish the whole thing, rookie!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »

Kinda thread-derailing, but I wanted to hop in and apologize to the players (most who have shown up here, I believe) for me suddenly disappearing from Royal Machinations.  I disappeared suddenly because we had several big family issues happen, including the sudden death of multiple pets and the hospitalization of my little sister (in the end she turned out fine, but it was still scary).  I let a few things drop because it was a rough couple months, and I do feel bad that it was you guys.  You put a lot of work into it and there was a lot of interest, but I just did not have the time (or truthfully the desire) to try and run the campaign that I had planned amongst all the things that were happening.

tl;dr - I'm sorry I dropped the campaign.  If anybody is still interested, I believe that I will be able to continue it over the summer - I still have all of the files and ideas and such that pertained to Royal Machinations, and now that I only have a few online classes that require my attention for an hour or so every few days, I should be good to go.  But by no means feel required to - I don't want to derail this game just to get mine back.

Dynaes

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »

Welcome back, man.  Sorry to hear about the problems; always sucks when life throws that stuff.  I'm open to continuing if the others want to. Smiley

We all are who we are; no more, no less.
Sharpandpointies

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2012, 03:59:58 AM »

Does anyone know what keywords I should use in order to search anima beyond fantasy games in rpol? Its difficult to search for it.

Search 'Anima'.  Also click OFF the search box that says 'only games looking for new players', or something like that.

The link to the game I'm in is above.  Don't know about others.

- Lizbeth

- vytzka
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx