Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

89653 Posts in 6222 Topics- by 8899 Members - Latest Member: Reggiefock

October 26, 2014, 01:27:01 AM
The Official Anima ForumsAnima - Role Playing GameGame RulesCore Exxet Changes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Core Exxet Changes  (Read 15829 times)
tasuret

View Profile Email
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »

Does anyone have a compilation of everything Core Exxet changed? Like, an errata or something? Apparently a lot of things were rebalanced, from what I see in some older threads, but I'd like an enumerated list. What I know of (and have incorporated):

• Revised Magic system, degrees rather than "added effects". I have a doc that shows these, and I hand it to my magic-users as a reference. I also included the sub-paths from Arcana Exxet.
  • The extra bonuses to secondary skills, as in the 5 +10s per level and the extra Natural bonus. I do not have a cap on Naturals, but the +10s cap out at 5 per skill.

I know there's some changes to the Combat system; are there any changes to Ki or Psychics? What have they changed? I like to be as up-to-date as possible, even if the bleeding edge means dealing with wonky translation.
alphawhelp

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:02:55 PM »

I don't suppose I can get ahold of that document you have with the new spell format, please?
Lizbeth
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:13:49 PM »

I have this doc too. PDF.

Also in Core Exxet Absorbing is -80 instead of half defence, large weapons multiple attacks are at -40, medium at -30 and light at -20.
Spells are now at degrees and as far as I know now rituals maintain cost is no longer modified by the ritual cost modifier.

vytzka

not really Rim either

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »

From what I read in another thread, DR creatures don't have the d100 defense roll anymore.

Elizabeth: "Hey Nemesis... is that your wooden sword or are you just happy to see me?"

Spirit_Crusher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 04:39:08 AM »

Everything quoted is right.

Also:
At each level , every character selects five different skills and ups them of 10 points.
This counts as a natural bonus so is capped at 100.

You get 2 natural bonuses each level, on in a phisical skill, one in a menthal one.

The cap for permanently upping a single Psi power by spending PPs is lifed from 5 to 10.

Attribute checks now are 1d10 + attribute, roll over, with 10 counting as 13 (or 12? can't remember right now) instead of 1d10 roll under.

Some tables give some clear answers about what some phisical secondary skills do (if you roll athletics high enough it improves your agility for movement, Feats of strenght improves strenght etc.).

2 pragraphs explain what stealth does in combat. The first basically says that if you reach a target unnoticed you get +170 attack (while actually it should be him having -170 defense, big difference here, expecially at lower levels!).

The second says that if you want to hide in plain sight in front of one or multiple opponents, that's an active action at -200 or 250 stealth against opponent(s)' notice, and you have to spend one round inactive if you don't want to reveal yourself. If you create a distraction (smoke bomb!) penalties are halved.
Lizbeth
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 04:45:39 AM »

The cap for permanently upping a single Psi power by spending PPs is lifed from 5 to 10.
I'm like WTF.
They have to offer Psi characters to be versatile, not the bloody one trick pony with near-broken ubertrick.

Lagnalok

Oh my god! He's a demon!! *morphs king into one*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 04:58:24 AM »

I'm like WTF.
They have to offer Psi characters to be versatile, not the bloody one trick pony with near-broken ubertrick.
well, they actually didn't change anything from the old book... they just did a clearification:

Text from the current core rules:
Every PP spent on one of their Powers will give them +10 to their Potential Calculation rolls. A character can not increase a Power beyond a +50 bonus. Therefore, the maximum amount of PP a chracter can spend on a single ability is 10

Till now we only thought the 10 PP was the error, thought it was actualy the +50 limit.

Also, while in general it's is a very bad idea to overfocus on one single aspect, this is not true if you go down into a smaller scale - the Character as a whole should be balanced and not over focused on one single aspect. For example, you could have a character that only has one single psy power that he's good at, but his other aspects (combat, secondaries and/or magic) balance him out.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:11:26 AM by Lagnalok » Logged
Lizbeth
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 06:00:44 AM »

Also, while in general it's is a very bad idea to overfocus on one single aspect, this is not true if you go down into a smaller scale - the Character as a whole should be balanced and not over focused on one single aspect. For example, you could have a character that only has one single psy power that he's good at, but his other aspects (combat, secondaries and/or magic) balance him out.
I have to disagree with this.

He will just spam his +100 potential powers spending temporary pp for +100 on projection, hitting for sure adding 5 pp for additional +100. So we have +100 attack +200 potential power. Which forces to make 220 save to survive.

Sure thing it can be avoided with mobs or like, but still it's op.

vytzka

not really Rim either

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 06:03:41 AM »

Does Anima Studio really have a thing for mentalists or what.

Elizabeth: "Hey Nemesis... is that your wooden sword or are you just happy to see me?"

Lagnalok

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 07:02:46 AM »

I have to disagree with this.

He will just spam his +100 potential powers spending temporary pp for +100 on projection, hitting for sure adding 5 pp for additional +100. So we have +100 attack +200 potential power. Which forces to make 220 save to survive.

Sure thing it can be avoided with mobs or like, but still it's op.
And where do you disagree with my point? I said the character as a whole can still be considered to not be a one trick pony even if he has focused heavily one one psychic power - characters don't have to be all about combat, and even if has to be, why being statisfied with one +100 attack +200 potential bonus every so often before you run out of free PP? (you can't say he can spam something like this)

The freasome is that that character could be able to attack and defend normaly while spamming out several of the same 110+ potential power and throw sometimes in a +100 attack/+200 potential finisher. Or he is a secondary power house. Or uses all his powers with Area from level 1...

Seriously thought, everything in anima can be broken if you try to powergame it, it isn't bound to any one part of the game.
Tarrant12

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 10:22:18 AM »

I'm very interested in the pdf with the core exxet spell changes! Could someone with it PM or email me?
Lizbeth
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 02:10:50 PM »

And where do you disagree with my point? I said the character as a whole can still be considered to not be a one trick pony even if he has focused heavily one one psychic power - characters don't have to be all about combat, and even if has to be, why being statisfied with one +100 attack +200 potential bonus every so often before you run out of free PP? (you can't say he can spam something like this)
First of all, for this guy to run out of pp he have to be extremely low-level or "cared" by GM. Serious fight is not "three times per day" event. So for this guy to run out of pp you have to make one fake bbeg to drain his pp, and then pull other one from your sleeve like ta-daaaa. Using bunch of low-level mobs and other scum won't bother him as he can perfectly deal with them without pp.

The freasome is that that character could be able to attack and defend normaly while spamming out several of the same 110+ potential power and throw sometimes in a +100 attack/+200 potential finisher. Or he is a secondary power house. Or uses all his powers with Area from level 1...
Trouble is that guy is a finisher. He simply negate the bbeg concept by oneshoting it unless bbeg was made keeping in mind this guy and have some way to drain his pp or other stuff like sudden Psy cancellation. Sure thing Tech and Wiz can oneshot the bbeg too but at least they spend some time accumulating so you can make a proper fight without being using obvious counterbuilds.
And by the way this guy is no way impaired unless the GM tries to make him as he have his 40% secondaries and utility comparable (or slightly better) as fighter-types.

Seriously thought, everything in anima can be broken if you try to powergame it, it isn't bound to any one part of the game.
Some stuff is broken by accident. This stuff looks broken by concious neglect or by purpose as it is on surface.

Lagnalok

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »

I want to see it more as an oppertunity that will allow some interessting character conzepts, thought I'm aware that many people will try to abuse it for the sole purpose to make their char broken.

But I have to disagree that mages and ki users need more time to make a finisher than a psychic user. The psy user needs to spend lots of PP for his finisher, a mage can invest additional zeon to activate several meta magic abilities and a ki user has ki abillities and fatigue to achive similar effects. It is just that it can be done with a psy user while putting less thought to it while bulding the character.

Before Dominus Exxet and Arcana Exxet this was a different thing, but with those its quite balanced I think... atleast now everything can break the game equaly xD
Spirit_Crusher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 05:51:08 AM »

First of all, for this guy to run out of pp he have to be extremely low-level or "cared" by GM. Serious fight is not "three times per day" event. So for this guy to run out of pp you have to make one fake bbeg to drain his pp, and then pull other one from your sleeve like ta-daaaa. Using bunch of low-level mobs and other scum won't bother him as he can perfectly deal with them without pp.

Trouble is that guy is a finisher. He simply negate the bbeg concept by oneshoting it unless bbeg was made keeping in mind this guy and have some way to drain his pp or other stuff like sudden Psy cancellation. Sure thing Tech and Wiz can oneshot the bbeg too but at least they spend some time accumulating so you can make a proper fight without being using obvious counterbuilds.
And by the way this guy is no way impaired unless the GM tries to make him as he have his 40% secondaries and utility comparable (or slightly better) as fighter-types.

Some stuff is broken by accident. This stuff looks broken by concious neglect or by purpose as it is on surface.

I'm under the impression that we're not playing the same game. Techies, magic users and summoners are far better at one-shotting things than mentalists. The hanged man cast by a pure invoker that focuses exclusively on invocations is far more powerful than any Psi could ever hope to be, on a single shot. You can create a first level tech that launches a 660 predetermined attack. A magic user or summoner can negate any resistance-based effect with aura of protection or the empress.
The true strenght of mentalists is that they can pull their tricks time and time again. Even having the 10 PP free to get a +100 on projection (requires the expense of a CP too) and psi-potential is counter-productive for mentalists.
They are very powerful at the lower levels, but later they lag behind decisively, reason number one being that they don't have any permanent buffs to their projection.
You want a bbeg that avoids being one-shotted by the under-proficent psi you are picturing? See the supernatural + 5 fatigue points on a defense, and just to be sure some energy armor. Done. not even bothering with predetermined defenses or insanely high resistances.

Also, the 10 PPs on a single power are almost the only way to reach Zen level with maintained powers.
ilovecheese1

i feel like this sometimes

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 08:24:07 AM »

If these resources are available I would also like to see them if possible Smiley.

Additionally, while I think the psychic discussion should go into another thread, I do agree with this:

I'm under the impression that we're not playing the same game. Techies, magic users and summoners are far better at one-shotting things than mentalists.
When given proper time, this is 100% accurate.
They are very powerful at the lower levels, but later they lag behind decisively, reason number one being that they don't have any permanent buffs to their projection.
In Arcana Exxet, several of the mental patterns fix this by giving up to +80 projection if you stack certain ones, while giving other disadvantages (and you can make your own).

Also, the 10 PPs on a single power are almost the only way to reach Zen level with maintained powers.
before about level 12-15, this is also correct.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by padexx