Hi! I want to ask some mechanic questions.
1. How exactly fumbleson Initiative work? When i have +60 initiative and roll 2 on Initiative check, how mnuch do i got?
2. Psychic power Ice Shield - when i cast it ones, it remains indefinitely, losing only 5 hp per turn? What happens when i put htis power into Innate Slot?
3. And, when i have this shield cast and someone attacks me, do i defend with dodge or block, or rely only on shield and treat my defense as 0? It is a question about all shields, i dont get how they work.
hey Podtxt here are the answers you are looking for
1)you can get the full answer to this on page 91 of the core book, but in general you lose a certain number of init and act last no matter what. the amount of initiative lost depends on your fumble: 1) -125 2) -100 3) -75 so rolling a 2 with 60 init brings you to -40.
2) All supernatural shields(magic or psychic) must be put in maintenance/innate slot to be effective for more than one round. so if you use Ice Shield from the cryokinesis discipline, you will roll potential to see how strong it is and when you put it in innate slot, it will lose 5 lp per round until it reaches the value dependent on your potential. so say you have a potential of 130 and your power you rolled 180, the shield will start at 1200 lp but will lose 5 hp per round until it reaches 600 lp (your potential is considered 120 since you dont have 140 to determine innate) lp will not regenerate if it takes damage, you will have to make a new one.
3) You defend using your projection as if it were a combat stat. so say someone attacks you with a value of 150 and you roll projection of 115, they will deal damage to you in % as if it were normal combat, if you roll higher than their attack, your shield takes damage equal to the base damage of the weapon + str mod.