1. Why join? I can't find any information on why one would join the program. Am I missing something?
2. Seriously they want a picture of you? That must be a joke. Right?
3. They ask you to have both starters for demoing and although I have lots of painted figures, I have only one starter. Does anyone still think the starters are the best way to teach this game? Now that the hardcover rules are available can't we just admit there are more balanced figs to demo the game with?
1) FREE STUFF! If you're running demos, tournaments and promoting the game, we are compensated.
2) I don't think I submitted a pic of myself, just my figs.
3) With more figures out since the game was started Joel may let you slide on this. You'd have to ask him.
I have started an informal AT league/demo night and was looking for support on this site. I saw the Free Agent application and thought "Hey, that probably will give tips on demoing or help in some way". So I was a little disappointed at the lack of info.
Any Free Agents out there with tips on starting up a local play group? Or suggestions on tourney ideas for new players? I have nearly a dozen people interested and we have our first "painting party" next week. Nearly half of my group are new players and they need to get figs assembled and painted before we can play. But after that I want to start casual tourneys. I'd love to hear suggestions from anyone who has already learned the ropes.
Actually you sound like you're off to a great start! Getting the a group together to assemble figs talk about the game, very nice.
I think the game plays best with scenarios, annihilation gets old after a while. Me and friends have made up scenarios on the fly, but capture the flag is a good one. There's also the Super Natural Weapon scenario found here: http://phildeb.wordpress.com/world-of-gaia/scenario-1-the-supernatural-weapon-quest/
Also Free for Alls, 4 plays on a table at the same time. Objective of some kind in the center of the table.
200 pts is good starting point. At that point lvl people have a chance to get enough variety on the table as well get the mechanics down.
Hope this Helps.